Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A "Unique" Way to Save

Hello readers!

Do you love saving as much money as I do? From previous posts I've published, I'm sure you have learned by now that if I don't have to pay full price for something, I'm certainly not going to.

Today i went shopping with my mom and sister for some retail therapy, and what's better than shopping....saving money WHILE shopping. We went to a thrifstore called "Unique." This particular location is located in Merrifield, VA. The store is very large with many different department categories--shoes and accessories like handbags, wallets, scarves and belts, kids clothing, men and women, jewelry, as well as a home goods section. They have a huge variety.

Like any thriftstore, it can be either a big hit or a miss. Well, it was a big hit today! Scored about 6 items for only $22.10. One of the items that I was super excited about was a pair of Nine West shoes that were very lightly worn, black heels that were not only comfortable but were under $10! You just don't score a good pair of brand name shoes for under $10 even on clearance (usually.)

A big tip on how we only spent $22.10 was because on Thursdays, if You have the membership card, you receive 25% off the whole purchase. The prices were so great to begin with and with the 25% off, we saved an additional $6.58. Awesome, right? You just need to do a little bit of research and know the store policies.

Don't be ashamed to thrift shop, many of them benefit local charities or organizations. "Unique" benefits veterans, all the while saving yourself some green.

I don't brag about how much I spend on an item, I brag about savings. Saving is cool!

Happy shopping and happy saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phone Apps That Get YOU Cash!

Hello everyone! As we enter into the second month of 2019, (can you believe it?!?!?)…..where does the time go? I have learned that with al...