Saturday, May 6, 2017

The Art of Cooking

I LOVE to cook, and my family says that its a natural gift. I would say some of it is based simply upon observation. I watched my mom and dad cook growing up, and especially became more observant into my teens and early 20s. The majority of it though I think is just natural instinct.

I cook many dishes: chicken stir fry, fish, ground beef variations with pasta as well as a variety of sauteed veggies. What I like to do is take ordinary flavored veggies (zucchini, peppers, etc) and add life to them. What I mean by this is flavor them up so they aren't as boring.

Growing up, my mom would always boil zucchini in a pot, and don't get me wrong, they were good, but plain, soggy zucchini is well, boring. I newly concocted a sauteed recipe, that everyone in my family loves.

I take zucchini, slice them up (you can make them as thin or thick as you would like--they cook faster and retain more flavor when thinly sliced from my experience). Put olive oil spray in the pan to avoid burning. I then add olive oil, "Old Bay" seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon juice, and worcestershire sauce. Let them cook on one side for a few minutes, then flip them over.

They are DELICIOUS and tasty nutritious way to make your veggies more favorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phone Apps That Get YOU Cash!

Hello everyone! As we enter into the second month of 2019, (can you believe it?!?!?)…..where does the time go? I have learned that with al...